41st Annual Meeting of Japan Neuroscience Society (Neuroscience 2018)-Call for Travel Award Application par Clémence Fouquet 03.11.2017 à 10h17
41st Annual Meeting of Japan Neuroscience Society (Neuroscience 2018)-Call for Travel Award Application
The 41st Annual Meeting of Japan Neuroscience Society (Neuroscience 2018) will be held at Kobe Convention Center in Hyogo, Japan, from July 26th to 29th, 2018.
Neuroscience 2018 offers Travel Awards to enthusiastic leading non-Japanese neuroscientists traveling from abroad to present high quality papers at the meeting. Applications of young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows are especially encouraged. The funding for travel will be between 40,000-150,000 JPY per award depending on the travel distance. The awardees will also be exempt from the registration fee of the meeting. Those from Asian-Pacific countries are particularly encouraged.
Please be advised that persons from the following countries must apply for the Travel Award through their home Neuroscience Affiliations: China, South Korea, India, and Iran.
– The Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) was founded in 1974. Since then, the membership has increased steadily. With more than 6,300 members in 2017, JNS is now a representative academic society in neuroscience in Japan.
– Neuroscience 2018 under the theme of “New Horizon of Neuroscience” provides a unique opportunity to forge closer links between researchers in different fields and to develop next-generation neuroscientists endowed with a wide perspective.
– Top international and domestic researchers will take this as an opportunity to elucidate the mechanisms of the brain and mind through promotion of a wide range of neuroscience research fields, across clinical medicine and psychology, and to the molecular and cellular biological levels.
– We will also focus our efforts on promoting interaction with relevant professional neuroscience societies in neighboring Asia-Pacific countries, the United States and Europe by organizing joint symposia and providing a financial assistance program to cover travel costs.
– All travel award winners are invited to the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers and a get-together party to be held on July 25th, 2018 to facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan. In addition, they will be invited to a reception on DAY 2 of the Annual Meeting.
– The Annual Meeting aims at fostering young scientists and promoting collaboration across the globe and various scientific fields including clinical neuroscience. We expect approximately 4,000 participants, including 400 people from overseas.
– The Meeting will be held at Kobe Convention Center, Hyogo.
Application deadline: January 9th, 2018.
Center in Hyogo, Japan